Do you have any nutrition goals for your family for the year ahead? Maybe these will inspire you to write your own…..maybe yours are similar?……..maybe you will think they are weird. Please do share any of your goals for 2017 in the comments!
Resolved, in 2017:
- To offer more frequent and generous hospitality
- To get my stock to gel
- To meal plan, in advance, in 1 month blocks
- To have a go at making kefir for the first time
- To work out how best to get more magnesium into my family
- To teach my kids to make one good meal from scratch from start to finish
- To get more oily fish into my kids (at least once if not twice per week)
- To find a good inexpensive source of pastured lard or tallow
- To try and make one fermented drink and not to worry if it is unsuccessful!
- To teach kids how to set the table and how to clear away after a meal (let’s reach for the stars!)
From 2016 I am thankful for….
- Being able to find a good local supplier of pastured meat and bones
- Learning how to make a starter and sourdough bread. Plus, Ive been able to more or less keep on top of making it for most of the year
- Ive been thankful to be able to learn a lot about food, herbs and how the body works
- To have a husband who supports me in all these crazy food as healing adventures
- I was so pleased to have been able to pick loads of elderberries in autumn. I really think these have helped us to avoid the worst of colds. Im not great at remembering to give it to the family, but I’ve been amazed at how much we have used!
You may like to note that I have many other goals in other areas of life but these are just those that specifically relate to food/ nutrition/ managing the load!